Cancer Clinical Trials Unit, Scotland (CaCTUS)
CaCTUS is the only registered dedicated cancer trials unit in Scotland. CaCTUS has all the research, statistical, regulatory and administrative expertise necessary to develop a trial from initial idea through to completion.
Consumer input and comment is also key and is integral to the CaCTUS trial development process.
CaCTUS works with clinical investigators throughout the UK to develop high-quality trials with the ultimate aim of improving outcomes for cancer patients.
CaCTUS is happy to receive inquiries from investigators from anywhere in the UK with research ideas, even at a very preliminary stage. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it from there. Our expert team will discuss your idea and work with you to develop a Concept Submission form for review by the CaCTUS Executive Committee.
CaCTUS hosts a conference every two years. This year's conference will be held at Stirling University on Friday 14th November. Your can download the information from here.
CaCTUS conference presentations:
- Dr Felix Feng: Radiosensitivity Signature for Breast Cancer
- Dr Helen Cadiou: Improving Trial Quality from Audit Findings
- Dr Nicola Barnstable: Detect Cancer Early Programme
- Mrs Elizabeth Coote: Workshop AcoRD
- Ms Lindsey Connery: Pharmacovigilance Workshop
- Recent Advances in Breast Imaging
- Prof David Cameron: Welcome & Overview
- Prof Stewart Fleming: New Approaches In Cancer Pathology